After the superb proven productivity and reliability of the HP Designjet Z6100 the question is raised as to how HP have managed to improve upon this and what are the true benefits of the new HP Designjet Z6200? Below is a list of these key improvements.
Improved productivity from faster print speeds
- The new HP Designjet Z6200 is up to 20% faster without sacrificing any image quality getting those last minute prints out in time to meet the ever reducing deadlines demanded by your clients.
Increased Colour Gamut utilising Red Ink
- By adding the Red ink to their Vivera Photo Ink colour set, HP have expanded their colour gamut in the Z6200 to achieve those difficult to achieve colours on the edge of the achievable colour space.
Reduced ink consumption based on colour combination makeup and pigment density
- Using a combination of higher pigment density ink and the new Red ink reducing the need for as much ink to create the same density of colour, HP have managed to reduce the ink usage by 14 – 20% in the HP Designjet Z6200 depending on Image and media type.
- For HP Z6100 vs Z6200 cost per copy comparison – Download PDF
80% reduced aerosol effect preventing issues with dirty encoder strips and breakdown.
- Aerosoling is the small particles of excess ink that is deposited into the air during the head firing phase under speed. These minute particles of ink then settle onto the mechanics of the printer and over time can dirty sensors, disguise encoder strips and effect the running of the printer. HP have enhanced the head firing to keep this excess to an absolute minimum by reducing by as much as 80% in the Z6200 by giving you optimum up time and enhanced reliability.
Improved media loading system with auto media recognition and new loading table mechanism
- The all new loading table in the Designjet Z6200 allows media to be easily loaded into the print position without having to manhandle heavy rolls increasing who can use the printer without potential risk of injury.
Geared driven media feed system for improved length accuracy
- The new media feed in the Z6200 is now motor driven rather than relying and sprung loading tensioning system which enhances the accurate feed of heavier rolls given more accurate and longer unattended print.
Reduced overheating of heads when firing high density ink levels
- If you run backlit film on a Z6100 you would certainly have found a limit to the length of media you can run without the necessity for the printer to go through a cycle down/cycle up to prevent overheating. HP have improved how the head fires eliminating the overheating thus allowing long unattended print on all media types with the HP Designjet Z6200.
Improved image quality with new firmware optimising
- HP continues to strive to achieve the optimal print quality and have managed to improve this with the new optimised firmware improving how the HP Z6200 printer operates.
Bidirectional communication enhancements.
- Information and feedback is vital to remote control and efficient usage of any device. HP has improved the information reporting and visibility across the network making the control and feedback from the HP designjet Z6200 printer ideal for busy production environments.
For more information on the visit this link: HP Designjet Z6200